Steve C. Wang: Lecture
2. measuring up the age selectivity of modern extinctions with Phanerozoic background and bulk extinctions, Geobiology Symposium XXVII, school of Pennsylvania, March 2020.
1. calculating the period and speed on the Cambrian blast, Geological country of The usa household conference 2019, Phoenix, Sep 2019. [abstract]
4. is most people entering a modern bulk extinction?, Swarthmore Summer Scholars application, July 2019.
3. motivating college student problems (mini-talk), NSE Inclusive Excellence instructing dinner show, Swarthmore university, January 2019.
2. Are we getting into a modern day size extinction?, Faculty dinner television series, Swarthmore College, November 2018.
1. Evaluating this selectivity of recent extinctions with Phanerozoic credentials and size extinctions, Geological culture of The united states total appointment 2018, Indianapolis, December 2018. [abstract]
3. sales for dating uncertainty in paleontological analyses, Geobiology Symposium XXVI, school of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2018.
2. sales for going out with anxiety in paleontological analyses, Geological Society of The usa total fulfilling 2017, Seattle, March 2017. [abstract]
2. becoming Research-Active in Teaching-Focused schools (wanted panel), joints Statistical group meetings, Baltimore, May 2017. [abstract]
1. Fossil-based a relationship regarding the divergence of Hominoidea and Cercopithecoidea, Geological community of The country total fulfilling 2016, Denver.
3. how you know very well what all of us do not acknowledge: making use of Statistics to see the as yet not known, stats honest, Strath location university, might 2016.
2. Fossil-based romance of the divergence of Hominoidea and Cercopithecoidea, Geobiology Symposium XXIV, school of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2016.
1. Adaptive reputable times on stratigraphic assortments whenever recovery prospective is actually as yet not known, Geological country of The country Annual conference 2015, Baltimore, November 2015. [abstract]
4. All creatures terrific and little: the annals of dog size development, professors meal line, Swarthmore institution, April 2015
3. All animals wonderful and lightweight: background of animals size progression, calculations 3 (statistical believing), invitees class, Swarthmore institution, April 2015
2. All creatures wonderful and lightweight: the advancement of creature size throughout the Phanerozoic, Geobiology Symposium XXIII, college of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2015.
1. Estimating the length of time and tempo on the Cambrian explosion, Geological country of The usa Annual fulfilling 2014, Vancouver, July 2014. [abstract]
4. Estimating the amount of Pulses in a bulk termination, Geobiology Symposium XXII, school of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2014.
3. how exactly we Know What We really do not recognize: Using information to uncover the obscure, power Insurance common chances administrators records Meeting, Orlando, January 2014.
2. Visualizing extensive trends making use of time-varying change-vs-ancestor patch, Geological environment of America Annual appointment 2013, Denver, October 2013 [abstract].
1. the way we figure out what do not Learn: making use of data to realize the obscure, one time school, new york, September 2013.
2. Dating the Demise of the Dinosaurs, 2nd Tuesday technology Cafe, Swarthmore college or university, will 2013.
1. Estimating the Number of Pulses in a weight Extinction, Geological world of The united states household appointment 2012, Charlotte, November 2012 [abstract].
2. Within- and among-genus elements of dimensions dynamics during size extinction and data recovery, Geobiology Symposium XX, University of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2012.
1. Within- and among-genus the different parts of foraminiferan length aspect during bulk termination, recuperation, and foundation times, Geological country of America total Meeting 2011, Minneapolis, March 2011 [abstract].
7. getting the Paper circulated, unit of All natural Sciences summertime lecture series, Swarthmore College, July 2011.
6. going out with the Demise on the Dinosaurs, Department of Mathematics, Bucknell University, March 2011.
4. a relationship the Demise with the Dinosaurs, invitees lecturing, Geology 203, office of Geology, Bryn Mawr College, December 2010.
3. Efficient PowerPoint Presentations, Beardsley Media Center/ITS, Swarthmore College, November 2010.
2. basics of Statistical Inference: possibility and Bayesian Paradigm, Paleontological Our society light Course, Geological Our society of America Annual appointment 2010, Denver, July 2010.
1. Paleontology, reports, Earthquakes, and Why you probably should start puffing (?), staff dinner line, Swarthmore university, September 2010.
9. Giving a consult Using PowerPoint, section of organic Sciences summer time address sets, Swarthmore university, July 2010.
8. Modeling meal online breakdown through the end-Permian bulk termination, office of Geology, niche Museum of Natural records, April 2010.
6. going out with the Demise with the Dinosaurs, Hadly laboratory, office of life, Stanford school, March 2010.
5. Statistical difficulties in Paleontology, Department of data, Stanford college, January 2010.
4. adapting Extinction prices for Taxonomic Susceptibility, Division of Paleontology, United states Museum of herbal record, December 2009.
2. self-confidence stretches in the course of a bulk Extinction, Geological country of The usa gross appointment 2009, Portland, July 2009 [abstract].
1. bookkeeping for all the Signor-Lipps result in Estimating the period of a size termination, Payne Lab, section of Geological and eco Sciences, Stanford school, Sep 2009.
5. The Good, the Bad, plus the Ugly: standards and Pitfalls of showing reports, section of healthy Sciences summer class sets, Swarthmore college or university, July 2009.
3. Accounting towards Signor-Lipps result in calculating the Duration of a weight termination , Geobiology Symposium XVII, Department of Paleobiology, nationwide Museum of healthy traditions, Smithsonian organization, Feburary 2009.
2. Confidence periods on Stratigraphic assortments Once healing capacity try as yet not known, Geological Our society of America gross Meeting 2008, Houston, July 2008 [abstract].
1. commemorating the 85th birthday celebration of Herman Chernoff and also check over here the 35th christmas of his “the utilization of confronts to serve factors in K-Dimensional room Graphically”, asked consult, Quintessential input: Celebrating important 1st birthdays of Statistical Ideas in addition to their creators, Harvard institution, Sep 2008.
10. Visualizing managing Tricks in ball, spot Statistical conferences, Denver, May 2008. [abstract].
9. Bunts, Steals, and Pitchouts: Visualizing Managerial approaches in ball, drive the wave to Swarthmore [prospective people’ event], April 2008.
8. Visualizing managing tactics in ball, guest lecture, Math 3: intro to Mathematical consideration (Prof. Gene Klotz), Swarthmore School, April 2008.
7. Adjusting termination costs for Taxonomic Susceptibility, invited discuss, Ecolunch, section of biological science, institution of Pennsylvania, March 2008.
6. self-confidence times on Stratigraphic varieties if data recovery possibilities is as yet not known, Geobiology Symposium XVI, college of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2008.
5. Visualizing managing campaigns, called discuss, AAAS household appointment, Boston, March 2008. [abstract]. (additionally read here for media policy.)
4. What Triggered the Permian Extinction? Using Markov string Monte Carlo to Investigate the largest weight termination always, asked talk, office of Mathematical Sciences, Villanova institution, February 2008.
3. Modeling Food Web failure within the End-Permian Extinction, guest address, Physics 120: Physics of Biological Systems, Swarthmore institution, March 2008.
2. Altering Extinction Rate for Taxonomic Susceptibility. Geological world of The united states total appointment 2007, Denver, April 2007 [abstract].
1. Markov string Monte Carlo: Taking Advantage of chances, team of Mathematics and stats, Swarthmore university, Sep 2007.
8. exploring the Underlying designs of Statistical brands, joints Statistical group meetings, sodium Lake City, August 2007. [abstract].